Let me guess...
- You have a brilliant idea to sell children's teethers, pacifier leashes, rattles, and other children's products online, at craft shows, or even grow into a brick and mortar shop!
- You just heard this word "compliance" and you are now scrambling to catch up and are even more overwhelmed with this business idea than before.
- You are uncertain about what to believe because your Google-ing ability isn't quite up to par for this kind of topic.
- You are a parent and really just don't have time to search it all yourself.
- You are trying to help cover bills, get out of debt, pay for extracurriculars, or save for a small (or big!) vacation with your business idea.
I've pulled together just the things you need to build your passion and create that shop you've been dreaming of.
I started right where you are 10 years ago. I was beginning to make cloth diapers for my newborn and got the "business advice" to start selling. I thought, "Wow! Why not?!"
Long story short, I fell head first into these regulations and was SO overwhelmed with how many agencies had their fingers in such a small little thing I was making! As I learned something new, I told all of my maker friends about it and eventually started a whole group about it.
Thousands of members and 7 years later, after finishing grad school and having 4 kids, I finally started to offer my services helping hundreds more individually. I can't wait to start helping you too!
Many of us (yep, me included) start out as a hobby with the "business advice" from their friends that they should totally sell this amazing thing they've created. They jump in, head first, and start making more of the thing and list it on Facebook, Shopify, ETSY, and craft shows hoping to at least cover their hobby costs.
Sound familiar? What we tend to forget about, or not know about, are the requirements for our business.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was someone that could guide you and answer questions as they pop up?
This community is:
- a safe space for accountability & support.
- a business assurance policy.
- a huge peace of mind when you are worried about the what ifs.
You have me, right there, waiting for you.
- No more Google-ing hoping that you are finding the right information from the right places.
- No more hoping that responses from fellow makers are correct.
- No more worrying about the "what ifs" or "what happens ifs".
- No more scrambling or taking weeks or months trying to put it all together.
- Do you need to get this product out now so you can pay bills, get out of debt, quit your W2 job, bring your spouse home, have some vacation money, etc.?
- Are you prone to worrying about the 'what ifs'?
- Do you learn better with audio/visual methods over reading books?
- Do you want solid support, recognition, and celebration, for all of your work?
- Do you want a place to belong with others who understand the feelings you have in your business?
- Do you love to encourage, support, and watch other makers grow too?
If you answered 'yes' to any of the above questions, this can be the home for you. If you answered 'yes' to 3 or more of the questions, The Makers' Community is definitely the home for you!
This community makes sure you have a legally sellable product, provides the peace of mind that you have your I's dotted and your T's crossed, and gives you a safe space to ask questions and learn through pre-recorded video lessons, workbooks, and live video lessons and chats.
You'll also get the benefit of a home where you'll gain encouragement, recognition, and understanding of all the trials and successes of business and life.
We inspire each other in every endeavor, no matter who we are or where we are. We believe that having compassion and grace towards ourselves is equally as important as having compassion and grace towards our family of friends. Our passions are important and we know, for certain, that we are worthy and deserving of all the good that comes our way. We are strong and brave. We are committed to supporting ourselves and those around us through our knowledge, compassion, and yearning for a great life.
Here's why you need this great community.
Testing is expensive!
With this community, it doesn't have to be $200+ for one design. You can breathe easy knowing you are only paying for what you need.
I honestly can't say enough good about the community we've grown. Every member exemplifies #CommunityOverCompetition.
Compliance is confusing!
With the resources and Q&As available to you, and me walking right next to you, you'll find the confusing web on research straightened out.
The Makers Community
The Makers Community Q&A Sessions
Business Foundations - Business Start Up
Process Series: Registration
The first step in the product safety process that will save you a ton of time and money.
Product Safety: Teethers and Pacifier Leashes
Product Safety: Wood Toys